This has been around for a long time, but still relevant today.
Do you keep falling asleep in meetings, lectures and seminars? What about those long and boring conference calls? Here’s a way to change all of that :
1. Before (or during) the next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5″ x 5″ is a good size. Divide the square into columns – five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block :
- Strategic fit,
- Core competencies,
- Best practice,
- Bottom line,
- To tell you the truth (or “the truth is),
- Out of the loop,
- Think outside the box,
- Fast track,
- Knowledge base,
- At the end of the day,
- Touch base,
- Client focus(ed),
- Game plan,
3. Now tick off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words / phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally stand up and shout “BULLSHIT!”