Now, as it happens, I am currently looking for a change in direction. A new challenge if you will. And as I’ve been looking around at various possibilities, it occurs to me that I should also try asking the very people with whom I enjoy spending time – i.e. you lot.
So who would like to employ a James McCann? There are various skills available. I am not looking to barter, but for hard cash. Money. Wages. Salary.
Experience so far includes :
- Commercial Aircraft operations (you’d be surprised what I can park)
- Surgery (I could take out your gall bladder if you ask nicely)
- Back stage work including Stage Manager
- Follow spot operator (a lot harder than it looks to do it well)
- Driving (once out of London, I’ve the patience of Abraham and I do regular airport runs too)
- Geeky things especially Excel and Access and Powerpoint (hmmmm pretty graphs & Pivot Tables get me excited)
- Managerial, Information / Data Analyst (I can crunch really big numbers)
- Software Test Designer (if you’ve written software, I can break it)
- Modelling (in the right light (i.e. a blackout) I can look very arty)
- Good with animals (maximum of four legs)
- Not too bad with people (maximum of two legs)
- Artistic use of bullet points (too much time maybe?)
But it doesn’t have to involve any of these things, because, as I say, I’m looking for something new. As long as it pays a suitable wage that can keep me in the style to which I have become accustomed.