Every once in a while, one is fortunate enough to encounter a word which excites the senses in a new, interesting and sometimes even erotic way. It might almost ooze its own honey-like nectar as it drips slowly from the mouth. Or it might tingle the eardrums like the percussion section of John Rutter‘s Magnificat.
I make no apology for the fact that I can reach near orgasmic states when reading almost anything by either of my two favourite authors, Lynne Truss and Stephen Fry. Either of these brilliantly creative lexophiles are easily able to get me into a hot, sticky and perfectly moist state merely by penning even the shortest of essays.
And so I’ve decided to record here, within this very blog entry, those words which tickle either my fancy or stimulate me in some other near pornographic way. If you too are a lexophiliac, you might like to have a peruse of this site.
So let’s begin :
(Newest addition at the top of the list. Links open in a new tab.)
– in relation to, a nearness
– verily, indeed
– a polite request
– daily or commonplace occurrence
– believing only oneself to be be real
– appearing to be true
– once was or former
– not strictly a word, but an excellent example of its use can be found here
– using pompous or unnecessarily complicated language
– an inherited trait that reappears in an individual after being absent
– like an old woman
– extremely wicked
– brilliant radiance